Business Intelligence Specialist
VACANCY! Business Intelligence Specialist
Responsible Life, an international financial services company, are looking for an experienced and innovative Business Intelligence Specialist to join their growing team.
As the Business Intelligence Specialist you will be working as an integral part of the team to understand and further develop the Business Intelligence function and reporting capabilities to the benefit of the wider business.
You will help to drive improvements to the existing analytical models and frameworks with a focus on supporting effective, data driven changes and improvements across the business as well as within our key partnerships.
The Business Intelligence team create a number of reports both for internal teams and for our external partnerships to review their success. You will help to deliver best in class insights, providing insightful commentary alongside of reports and making suggestions for areas of improvements based on data reviewed as well as being involved in a future database development project.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Intelligence Specialist:
- Drive the development for a new internal database function
- Continuously work to improve current methodologies for data gathering using appropriate tools, whether Excel or more advanced platforms through a structured approach to process improvement
- Create robust BI reports for both internal and external use with insightful commentary
- Manage business requests for data and reports in a controlled way and identify opportunities to exceed stakeholder expectations
- Identify and share key trends with suggestions for areas of improvement based on data findings to be shared with the Senior Management Team – both on internal reports and external Partnership reporting
- Support the BI Manager with increasing the Business Intelligence teams profile and the development of BI strategy across the business
- Provide support where requested in client meetings representing the BI team, talking through reports, trends and data driven suggestions
- Encourage continuous development and technical upskilling for the BI team
Skills Requirements for the Business Intelligence Specialist:
- Advanced Excel experience, SQL knowledge and a strong analytical background
- Experience with database development
- Ability to share complex reports/concepts in a simple manner and influence both peers and external client teams
- Solid collaboration skills and the ability to build trust and confidence across the organisation
- Strong communication skills with external client facing experience
- Knowledge of Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- Outstanding commercial awareness with a passion for data and the ability to understand problems and opportunities from a business and client/partnership perspective
If you have the relevant skills required and are looking for a new challenge for your career please forward your CV to our Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
Please see the below link to our Recruitment Privacy Notice that will give you more information on how we process applicant data for recruitment purposes: